Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Moving.

Life is about to get a little crazy here in the Dahl household!!

The lease on our apartment is up in a few weeks, and we talked before we got married about wanting a bigger place.  Our apartment now is really nice, but we want more space.  We'd like a guest bedroom for visitors.  And we have a whole bunch of stuff in a storage unit, and it would be nice to have that stuff more accessible.  We also wanted a first floor apartment, because that would be loads easier with Molly!

We starting researching for a new apartment awhile ago...  After making some pro & con charts, and doing some visiting, we ultimately decided to stay where we are.  So, we'll be staying in our complex, just getting a new unit :-)

We really like the area we're in.  We're close to several grocery stores (though not Whole Foods), and Target.  Our new church is less than 10 minutes away.  The management here is great, and it is very people & pet friendly.

So...  Things are going to get crazy:

-A week from tomorrow (the 28th) is my mom's birthday, and I am driving back to Rochester.  I'll be there from Thursday until Thursday.
-When I get back to VA, I'll be home for a day or two, and then we get to pick up Molly on the 9th or 10th and bring her home!!
-Then... between the 13th-the 19th we will move from our old unit into our new unit.  Brian will still be working, so I am going to try to move most of our stuff while he is on the boat.  I am hoping that all he'll need to do is get a couple guys & move our big furniture...  Getting the couch in was no small feat, and getting it out will probably be tricky too!

... also.  Yes, we know it is crazy to get a puppy 3 days before we move.  But, it is just how it worked out.  We didn't want to wait another 8-12 months for a new litter of puppies.  And.  We'll be moving again in about another year anyway ;-)

... also.  The 19th??  I turn 30.  30.  Ugh.  Hopefully things will be pretty settled in our new place, and we can just kick back and enjoy.

I am really really excited for my visit to Rochester.  And I am really really excited for Molly to come home.

But yesterday, Brian & I were realizing that with my trip & bringing home our little buddy, the first 2 weeks of March were going to be nutso!

So.  I started packing & making a pre-move game plan.  I want to try to have quite a bit done before I leave next week, because all I am going to want to do when I get back is chill with my husband for a day or two and play & cuddle with Molly when we bring her home :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment