Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome Home

After a whirlwind wedding week, followed by a great honeymoon with my new husband, I am here in my new home of Virginia Beach.

This week Brian has gone back to work, which has left me on my own during the days (as well as a couple nights).  I am keeping myself busy with:

  • Running errands... mostly to the grocery store.  I miss Wegmans.  A whole lot.  I also spent a morning across town at the Social Security office.  This is about the same level of fun as going to the DMV; you get a number, you sit down, and feel the life being sucked out of you.  But good news- my name is changed with SS & we are one step closer to getting Navy stuff taken care of.
  • Unpacking...  this is my least favorite thing to do.  Right now all I have left is the box of stuff that I don't know where to put.  I am tempted to just stick it in the front closet, but I am going to resist. 
  • Laundry... I love laundry.  I am not even kidding.  There is something so satisfying about taking a big mess of dirty clothes, and turning into a warm pile of folded goodness.  And there is something extra satisfying about getting to do laundry for my husband.
  • Cooking...  something else that I like a whole lot!  I am not a super great cook, but I haven't made anything awful (yet!).  I am still learning how to meal plan, and grocery shop.  And I am on Pintrest all the time looking for new things to try.  I am having fun :-)
Of course, the best part of my day is when my husband comes home from work!  And I am super excited that tomorrow he has the day off!!  We don't know what we're doing yet, but we know we want to have an adventure!!  There is the Neptune Festival at the beach, but the weather may not cooperate.  But whatever we do, it will be awesome to get to spend the day together.  

I am loving marriage & loving life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment